March 10

I'm going to give you fair warning now:
I am about to post way too many pictures for today. If that will annoy you, you can go play on Facebook or something.

Caleb and I were playing on the couch this afternoon, and he was so funny and cooperative that I just kept taking pictures. (By the way, I often thank him for being so cooperative, and he tries to say it back. It sounds like "top-a-tif", and I love it.)

He started our photo shoot with some deep thinking.

But the deep thinking turned into face-squishing, which cracked me up!

Then, since March IS hat month, after all, Caleb turned my super-cute new scarf (Thanks, Grace!) into a hat.

He loves to play with this scarf, especially because it has fringe. And sparkly sequins. And it's kind of see-through, so he can cover his head with it and run around without bumping into things. (Sorry, I didn't get a photo of that. I was too busy laughing.)

How cute is he? Whenever he wears this shirt (a gift from my Aunt Deb), he pets the doggie's face and says, "Doggie. Soft. Scarf."

What a funny little man!

Now that he's in the bigger-kid classrooms at church and MOPS, Caleb has started learning songs about Jesus. Lately, when we pray before a meal or at bedtime, he'll ask for a "Jesus Song". We've started singing "Jesus Loves Me" a lot, and Caleb sometimes tries to sing, too. At this point, he can only muster, "Yes, Jesus! Yes, Jesus! Yes, Jesus!", but it melts my heart. Today I realized that as much as it melts my heart, it must make God even happier to hear a sweet little baby singing those words.

Also today, we were singing "Jesus Loves Me" in the car. I got to the line where "they are weak, but He is strong." In my rearview mirror, I saw Caleb's little arms shoot straight up in the air as he shouted, "Muscles!" And then I died laughing. The end.




2 comments:

  1. Oh it is making me cry to picture Caleb singing the song! God is probably so happy when he sees children singing for him. And the arms being thrown up and saying "muscles" is just hilarious! Lately, every day I am telling Adam all about what Caleb is doing from the blog! It's so much fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so adorable. i just love seeing him smiling and so different in every pic--such facial expressions:)

    ReplyDelete