March 14

Somehow, this was the only photo I managed to take today:
While I was in the kitchen, Caleb got his hands on the drink coasters. He always likes to play with them, so that didn't surprise me. What surprised me was how he neatly spread them out on the couch. I can only imagine the funny little thoughts running through his head as he did this.

Other fun things today? Snow!
I didn't realize it had snowed until Caleb informed me. We woke up, snuggled in his room a little, then went into my room so I could tend to my morning necessities. To keep Caleb out of my way, I suggested he go look out the window. He ran to the window, saying, "Sunshine!"
Then he opened the curtain, and said, "Snowing. Snow falling. Outside? Go outside? Cold! Brrr! Frosty man. Snowman!"
I love, love, LOVE that he has so many words now. It's so funny to hear his train of thought!

Later, Caleb was eating a peach for his mid-morning snack, when he had a really rough poop. (TMI?) It helps when I hold him for those painful ones, so I picked him up and took him to the window. He snuggled up against me, and I laid down on the love seat with him on my chest. After a few minutes, he reached down, grabbed my hand, and brought it to his cheek. I gently stroked his cheek while we snuggled, and then I looked down and noticed that he was struggling to keep his eyes open. After a few more minutes, he was sound asleep on my chest. I was comfortable, so I just stayed there, watching the snow falling and my little boy sleeping, while NewBaby wiggled in my belly, squirming against his/her big brother. Caleb hasn't fallen asleep on me like that since he was a newborn, so it was an especially sweet moment. We stayed there for 30 minutes before I finally had the heart to take him up to his crib.

Later, we played in the snow, ate snow ice cream, and drank hot cocoa. Aside from Caleb's poor hiney (and resulting whiny/neediness!), it was a great day.


2 comments:

  1. bringing back such good memories:))) you are such a good mom:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that sounds so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete