March 21

Today marks 5 weeks until NewBaby's projected arrival! Baby is due the day after Easter, but I think it would be kind of cool to have an Easter baby. Plus, I have a feeling this one will be on time or early. I have no real basis for that idea; it's just a hunch. I guess we'll see!

Caleb and I enjoyed another beautiful day today. It was so lovely out that we were able to play on the patio after breakfast!

Caleb was eager to help me get started with my gardening, but I've yet to plant anything in the garden proper. Also, isn't the bench he's resting on awesome? This direction, it's a padded kneeler with handles to hoist yourself up and down. Or, it flips over to become a padded bench for taller gardening tasks. Chris' mom gave it to me for Christmas, and I am officially in love with it. I'm pretty sure it's the only reason I'm even considering planting things at this point in my pregnancy. Caleb is also particularly fond of it!

Later, Caleb demonstrated his new fixation - block stacking.

He's pretty good! We only have six of these blocks, but he can stack them all fairly consistently. I don't have photographic evidence, but right before this he stacked all six, then balanced a badminton birdie on the very top. He gets such a pleased look on his face when the stack is finished, and is clearly proud of his work. What a sweetheart!

2 comments:

  1. Carrie, did you now that Chris & Sunny's baby is due April 27? Maybe we can get them to move back from LA and the babies can be bestfriends!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, that's awesome! We have some other ORU friends who live in California who are having a little boy on April 25, too. It seems like a good time to have a baby! And I'm sure the prospect of having a built-in best friend for their baby would be a great reason for Chris and Sunny to leave LA!

    ReplyDelete