March 18

I think we're all back to normal now; Chris went back to work today, and Caleb and I had a fun day together.

Caleb and I celebrated our regained health with breakfast at McDonald's this morning. (Yes, I am quite aware of the irony in that statement. Thank you.) Our local McDonald's has a large group of senior citizens who meet regularly for coffee, and several were there today. 4 or 5 of the gentlemen were wearing hats that said "World War II Veteran" on them, and Caleb was in awe. He spent most of our (long, drawn-out) breakfast smiling and waving at them until he finally got their attention. Before I realized they were veterans, I told Caleb they were great-grandpas. At any point during breakfast that he wasn't flirting with those men, he was chatting happily with me about the "Date Papas". It was really cute - I guess he takes after his grandma, who also really enjoys elderly people.

After his nap, it was time for Caleb to get to work.

I think it's about time for him to start earning his keep, don't you? Unfortunately, someone happened to give him this non-mowing model of lawnmower, and he's not quite big enough for our other one yet. Maybe next year.

Also, today was one of the first times that Caleb actually voiced an opinion about what he wanted to wear. I was getting ready to dress him, and he said, "Baseball shirt!"

Well, who can resist that?

The baseball shirt was supposed to be part of his summer wardrobe, but I made the mistake of storing his yet-to-be-worn, but washed, summer clothes in the bottom two drawers of his dresser. Caleb was playing the other day, opened the drawer, and found it. He was instantly in love, so I have to layer it so that he can wear it now.

The shirt says, "Home Run King", and the i is dotted with a baseball. In this photo, I asked Caleb what his shirt says. He put his finger on the baseball, and said, "Home run king!"

"HOME RUN KING!!!"

"Picture?"

Also, completely unrelated:
Caleb had a rough night last night, waking up about 6 times. (Yuck) During the third wake-up, I decided to change his diaper. As he laid on the changing table, he looked up at me, pointed to his eyes, and said, "Brown eyes."
Seriously? Seriously.
And did I tell you that when I got him dressed yesterday, I put pants on him and he instantly said, "Khaki pants".
He was right.

I'm telling you, this child is out of control.

1 comment:

  1. he is AMAZING. ok? AMAZING. coming to stl to bbsit cusumano boys on weekend of 7th (thurs-monday early am). would love to see you guys. can't really GO but could see you at bebe's anytime???

    ReplyDelete