October 19

My first blog post ever was on October 20, 2009.
That means today marks a full year of One Caleb a Day!

Over 365 days, I took a photo every single day except for one - February 11. I have no excuse for that day - I was just in a funk. On March 5, I didn't take a single photo of Caleb, but I did take a photo of my feet in my monkey slippers. It's funny, though, that I was able to take pictures and write blog posts through sleeplessness, illness, traveling, and all kinds of other events, but the two days I missed were for no good reason.

I realize that embarking upon, and completing, this challenge has turned me into a neurotic photo-taker (I just added it up - I have roughly 7,700 photos from the past year.). But I'm so glad I did it! I now have documentation of everything from Caleb's first roll, to his first laugh, to his first sit, to his first tomato... what great memories! Plus, I feel like I really know how to use my camera now. I think my pictures have improved dramatically over the past year, and I can definitely justify the cost of my camera and investing in new lenses since I'll know how to use them! *cough* *Christmas* *cough* *Chris* *cough*

So. I'm not sure if I'll keep doing One Caleb a Day just to stay in the habit so that in April it will be no big deal to do One New Baby a Day, or if I'll take a break. I think it's just ingrained in me now to take photos and post them while Chris puts Caleb to bed. What do you think?

Oh yeah. Here is your Caleb for the day.
I definitely had to retouch all of these to remove boogers and food crusties from his face. I'm a good mom, but I guess I'm a mom who slacks in the face-wiping department.

Caleb doesn't seem to mind, though.

He makes me melt. I love this kid so much!

Later, Chris was playing with Caleb in the living room while I made dinner. I had to stop what I was doing, though, and grab the camera when Caleb came waddling into the kitchen, pushing his dump truck with a baseball in the back. He was even making truck noises! It was too funy - until he tripped and wiped out on his face. 

So. Let me know what you think about continuing this blog. Your comments really are a big deal to me, even if I only have 13 readers. :)  Also, what are some of your favorite posts? One that comes to mind right away for me is the watermelon one. Do you remember any other good ones?

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been a year! Your blog is part of my morning routine: breakfast for the kids, dandelion tea for me, curse at my work email, One Caleb a Day (ok, this morning I made ricotta gnocchi before the tea and blog checking, but it's always in there somewhere). Hope you keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's part of my routine too! I'd love to see the blog continue, especially when Baby Rife 2.0 makes their appearance. Being a big brother will be a big part of Caleb's life and it'd be great to see it blogged like all of his other big steps! But maybe we can loosen our expectations when you're trying to blog with 2 babies. =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes keep it going! We all love to see what is going on in your lives. I check it every morning at work. One of my favorites was the little brown bear onesie he was wearing while sitting on a snow bank. Also the pulling tons of books off the shelf and wanting to read more, and not getting in the bath because he kept reading LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed - I love to read every night, but know you might want a break before starting up with baby #2. I also loved the watermelon one, and the bug one from last week was pretty darn cute too. :)

    ReplyDelete