October 11

Today was one of those glorious days when I praise the Lord that my husband is a banker. I heart bank holidays! We had initially planned to go to the zoo today, but it's a bit of a drive, and Caleb was overtired from staying up late last night, so we nixed the zoo. Maybe another time.

Instead, we had lots of bicycling fun!
Chris let Caleb coast down the gentle slope of our driveway, and Caleb was so excited!


Later, we headed out to Creve Coeur Lake for a bike ride around the lake. Caleb loved watching all of the dogs and geese and people.

My boys humored my cravings with a trip to the smoothie place on the way home. The nice ladies there even made Caleb his own little smoothie!

After smoothies, we headed over to see my doctor, where we got to hear New Baby's heartbeat for the first time. I was so happy Chris and Caleb were able to be there. Chris told me later that when the doctor found the heartbeat, Caleb got really quiet and still, because he was listening intently to his new sibling's heartbeat. How sweet is that?

Caleb also made some progress on his walking today, and I made some progress on my observational skills. I discovered that Caleb's recent fussiness and nap-lessness and runny nose were due to molar #2 coming in. I'm so proud that it didn't take me two weeks to discover this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment