May 31

After dinner tonight, Caleb told me, "It feels like we didn't do very much today!"
But he and I agreed that even though it felt like we didn't do much, we actually did quite a bit.

We went to church. 

We went to Costco. (Daisy was out of sorts, so Chris wore her on his back in the Ergo, and then she was happy as a clam. I wore Eli in the ring sling, and Caleb and Lily shared the cart. At first, Lily was mad, mad, MAD that she didn't get to ride on Daddy's back in the Ergo, but she got over it when she realized that she got to ride next to her Bubby in the cart.)

We stopped by my Mom's house to play with Max and Jace (who were there because Billy is in the process of re-doing two of the bathrooms in Mom and Dad's house) and have lunch.
Eli got lots of snuggles with Grandma, and even fell asleep on her as she rocked him in her rocker. I think they both enjoyed it.

We took naps - everyone except Chris, that is. I enjoyed a nap with both of my boys in bed with me, which was lovely. This time, Caleb didn't even argue. He just joined us in bed and went to sleep. Love it!

The big two watched a movie while Chris mowed the lawn with Lily on his back and I made dinner with Eli on my back. Lawn mowing and baby wearing aren't really the safest thing, but Chris rocked it anyway.

I gave Lily a bath while Chris worked to install two of the four hanging rods in Caleb and Daisy's closet, and one shelf. We're almost finished with the closet project!

Post-bath snuggles. Lily was so cooperative about bath time! She was the only one getting a bath tonight because she and Chris will be getting up early tomorrow morning for the surgery to put tubes in her ears. They're scheduled to check in at 6 am, surgery at 7 am. Please join us in praying that the procedure is uneventful and highly effective!

No comments:

Post a Comment