May 9

Even though we had nothing planned for the day, it ended up being a really busy day for me today. I was out late last night for a MOPS end of school year celebration, and out late again tonight (more on that later), so the past two days' blog posts are late. I'm sure my mom waited up for posts that never came, but I hope no one else was disappointed.

I did way too much today, going to four different stores. When I finally dragged my weary, aching self home, I found this:
It's not the prettiest picture, but it's what our reality looks like, and I love it. All of my loveys, snuggled on the couch. No one was scowling until I tried to take a picture, though.

And then we got the house tidied up and got the kids to bed early, because a sweet neighbor offered to come over and sit at our house while the kids slept so that Chris and I could go out. It was so kind, and so surprising that Chris and I didn't even know what to do with ourselves!

We weren't surprised when Eli wouldn't go to bed like his siblings did, so we took him along on the date with us. 
That sweet baby went to sleep right after we got to the restaurant, and woke up just as our dessert was served. It was perfect!

If you have to take a baby on a date, this is the kind of baby you want to take!
Chris and I had a great time, and were once again reminded how blessed we are to have such great neighbors.

Also, Amber sent me the edited versions of the pictures she took on Wednesday. Do you want to see? Of course you want to see. They are lovely. I am so blessed to have such a talented photographer as a friend!



This is one of my favorites. I love Lily's little hand on my shoulder!



And I think I may get this one blown up on a giant canvas - I love it so much because it is so perfectly Lily. 
These photos were such a wonderful early Mother's Day gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment