May 5

Today was the last day of celebrations for Daisy's birthday. That's right; the girl had three celebrations for her fourth birthday. I realize that's a bit excessive, but I really think it couldn't be helped. Daisy had preschool today, and she really wanted to bring in a special snack to share with her friends during snack time. Most kids bring in cupcakes for birthdays, but we just couldn't do that. After much discussion, Daisy and I decided that fresh strawberries and blueberries with whipped cream would be a good treat.

Unfortunately, her school doesn't allow parents to bring in homemade treats, and if I cut up the strawberries and dished everything up at home, it would technically be "homemade". But if I bring the same ingredients to school and wash, cut, and serve everything there, it becomes acceptable. Weird, I know. But the rules are the rules, and thankfully Chris' mom agreed to come this morning to watch Eli and Lily so that I could bring in Daisy's special snack. (That meant she came to pick Daisy up at 8:45, dropped her at school, went home, came back at 10:30 to stay with the little ones, then went back up to school at noon to pick Daisy up and bring her home. I am so thankful for her help!)

Of course I brought my camera into Daisy's class. 
Seriously, are you dying from the cuteness? She and I were feeling frisky this morning, so we tried twin french braids. These were Daisy's first braids ever, and they were adorable! I told her that they were like Anna from Frozen's braids, so she bought into it. When I got done, though, she said, "Mommy, Anna has big braids and mine are just little! Hers are fat, but mine are skinny!" I explained that Anna was a grown-up, so she had much more hair than Daisy, and then Daisy was satisfied.

It is such a treat to come see Daisy at preschool because she is always so happy and proud when I'm there. It definitely makes up for all of the times she's a stinker to me!

And then I didn't manage to pick up my camera until bedtime, so this is the Eli shot for the day: 
He has started blowing spit bubbles (raspberries?) and I have never before thought spit was so cute. It is just plain adorable. The kid is a spit bubble prodigy, I tell you! 
(And after a long day of crummy naps, the kid is finally sleeping on his own in my bed. I just may celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a margarita in my kitchen!)

1 comment:

  1. Yes I am dead. I collapsed from how cute she is!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I keep annoying my co-workers by reading things from the blog and showing them the pics. I am sure they have never seen any cuter children anywhere!

    ReplyDelete