May 2

I have done way too much the past few days, so Chris and I decided that we would stay at home and do nothing today. Chris let me sleep in until after 8 am and fed the kids breakfast, so I was feeling pretty happy. Happy enough, apparently, to decide that a family trip to Target was in order.

Daisy happened to get a Target gift card for her birthday. And she and Caleb both happened to have gift cards saved from Christmas, so Chris and I let them spend their money today.

Daisy chose Anna and Elsa dolls, and was really happy with her decision.

Caleb chose a Star Wars Lego set. He spent all afternoon working on it, and finally finished right before dinner.

Ta-da! A Snowspeeder that blasts actual (plastic) laser darts! He was so proud.

While the little ones napped, I ran out to the fabric store for some thread. So much for doing nothing today, but I'm so glad to be feeling better! The pain in my bone is barely noticeable now, and I'm just dealing with muscle soreness from compensating for so long. 

I came home to find this handsome man, in a new shirt from his Grandmother:
Hi, cutie pie!

Love this kid! 
(Except for tonight, when he screamed for two hours straight no matter what I did and spit up on me at least three different times. We are preparing to cut dairy out of our diets in the hope that maybe it will make Eli happier. It's a change I don't want to make, but I'm hoping it will help with the spitting up. And maybe help with Daisy's constant congestion, and Lily's recurrent ear infections. Chris and Caleb, meanwhile, will drop dairy out of solidarity with us. Let's hope we can do this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment