May 21

And we're done.
Caleb's first year of school, and Daisy's first year of preschool, is officially over. It was a good year, and I'm happy with our choices. Caleb is reading like a champ, though we need to work on his fine motor and writing skills, which still aren't where they need to be. Daisy has come into her own in preschool, and really shines there. At first she was disappointed to learn that she won't be going to kindergarten in the fall, but now she is excited about another year at preschool with Ms. Amy.

You know I took official "Last Day" photos.
It was unseasonably cold today, so Caleb had to wear pants.

It was "Wear your favorite color" day at preschool today, so Daisy chose her lilac dress.

Do you remember the first day of school?

For those of you who don't, and who are too lazy to click on that link, here's a side-by-side comparison of each kid.
 I can't believe how much they've grown! I think the biggest change is in Caleb; he looks so much older and more confident.

After we got Caleb on the bus (thanks to our sweet neighbor Mary, just like every day of the past five weeks), Gayle came to take Daisy to her last day of preschool.

The little ones and I picked Daisy up, though, because they were having an ice cream social in her class. I suppose I could have brought dairy-free ice cream for the girls and myself, but instead I chose to let them partake of the good stuff, and I didn't have any.

They were so happy!
1. Lily's pigtails. They are heart-meltingly cute.
2. Wrong end of the spoon, Lou!
3. Daisy was so proud to have Lily there, and so sweet about helping her!

Daisy wanted her picture taken with her friends Addi and Sumon, but Sumon didn't want to be photographed. Instead, we got sweet Addi and Daisy making silly faces while Lily worked at the writing center. Addi got a new baby sister in December, and Daisy got a new brother in January, so they had lots in common. Addi was convinced, though, that our new baby's name was Camry. Funny girl.

Daisy showed us her writing skills,

and helped Lily practice hers.

Of course, I didn't manage to take any pictures of Eli because I was wearing him. I did snap a few at bedtime, though, when I was putting him in his jammies.

Hi, cutie pie!
(Did you notice how he has brought his hands together at the center of his body and is playing with his fingers. Yeah, that's a four-month developmental milestone. Good job, buddy!)

At almost four months, Eli's eyes are still persistently a dark gray color. I'm sure they'll change to brown soon, but for now I think they're pretty sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh Eli is one of the cutest babies I have seen. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete