May 24

Last night was Caleb and Daisy's first night in their shared bedroom, and surprisingly, they actually slept! They told us this morning that they took turns telling each other bedtime stories, which was sweet.

It was our turn to serve in the church nursery again this morning, so we got to church early and Chris and I were able to spend some quality time together while playing with Eli and three other babies.

Eli was hungry when we got there, so I sat in a rocker and fed him, Then he spit up all over me. It's Day 13 of being dairy free in an attempt to curb the spit up, and he has spit up all over me each of the past three days. I've been told that I need to commit to being dairy free for as long as six weeks before I can conclusively determine whether it is helpful or not, so we're only one-third of the way there. I miss cheese.

In the meantime, I was at church, covered in spit up.
Unfortunately, I had forgotten to refresh the spare clothes I keep in Eli's diaper bag.
Fotrunately, the church keeps a stash of onesies for circumstances just like this.
Unfortunately, they do not also keep a stash of spare shirts for mamas whose babies have just drenched them in vomit.
Fortunately, I was wearing a nursing tank that was (mostly) unscathed and had a cardigan handy, so it all worked out in the end.
Note to self: keep a spare change of clothes for myself in the van, along with the extras for the kids that are always there.

Once the spit up situation was addressed, Eli had a great time at church.

He had some tummy time, then we rolled him onto his back and he batted at the toys on the play mat and spit up some more. It was great.

And then he took an afternoon nap, and it was lovely.
(That's a cell phone picture! Not bad!)

Chris and I spent most of the afternoon planning and shopping for a closet organizer for the big kids' room. I emptied the closet, took off the doors, took out the shelf and rods, and patched some giant holes from the shelf removal. Hopefully we will be able to paint and install the new organizer tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment