May 11

Our wonderful neighbor Mary is still walking Caleb to the bus stop each morning, even though it has been three and a half weeks since I broke my leg (that means only two and a half weeks until I get the all-clear to resume activity as normal!). 
Even though it was raining this morning and she didn't have an umbrella, Mary cheerfully arrived at our front door to pick Caleb up. We are blessed to have so many awesome neighbors! As I handed Mary an umbrella, she told me that she bought a picture this weekend that says, "Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." Then we looked up and noticed that Lily had slipped out the front door and was - you guessed it - dancing in the rain. Daisy quickly joined her.

Splish splash in our little puddle! Both her skirt and Tigey ended up getting pretty wet.

Daisy wore her new umbrella shirt in honor of the rain. Funny girl.

We spent much of the morning playing with my friend Jessica and her daughter, Stella. Jessica is expecting her second baby in a few weeks, and she came over to wrangle the kids while I sewed a ring sling for her. It was a perfect situation, except for the fact that Daisy was unusually high-maintenance and bossy  this morning. I'm going to blame it on the fact that the kids all got to bed late last night.

Even Eli was pooped, and fell asleep during dinner. 
I don't blame him; dinnertime is probably really boring when you aren't eating anything or participating in the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment