December 5

This is a late blog post because Chris and I have been really struggling with Lily's bedtime situation lately. It seems that the only way she'll sleep at night is if I'm nursing her in bed, or if she's in the Ergo on Chris. That means that the only way Chris gets to go to bed is if I go to bed with Lily. It's pretty crummy, since he has to get up an hour and a half earlier than I do each morning. Last night I felt so badly for his exhaustion that I told him I would take Lily to bed as soon as he was ready for bed, and then get up after she was sound asleep to do the blog.

I ended up sleeping all night long.

Chris and I have been grumbling and muttering about how terrible this stage is. How does anyone ever have successive babies? This sleep thing is horrible! Shouldn't natural selection have weeded this out by now? Or wouldn't the human race just end because parents hate sleepless babies so much that they'd never again procreate? 

Luckily, one of the benefits of having three kids is that we fully understand that this is just a season. The sleep issues are short lived, and babies' phases change so quickly. So we will wait it out, knowing that soon there will be light at the end of the tunnel; soon she will sleep on her own; soon we will get a good night's sleep.

Another thing to keep us going?

She's really, really cute.
(I know it looks like I'm letting her play with the Christmas lights, but really I barely let her touch them. She was safe the whole time, I promise!)

She loved the lights, though!

The only time I let her touch them. Then I promptly put them away. 

Goodness, isn't her hair funny?

"What? You don't like my hair?"

She got over the hair comments pretty quickly.

Then, she got an idea.




Her first roll! Way to go, Lily!

No comments:

Post a Comment