December 2

Today was one of those days, and I am so thankful it's over. 

It was Do-Nothing Monday, so it should have been fine, but Caleb was out of sorts all day. At the slightest provocation, he was a sobbing pile of mush. I had all kinds of fun activities for the kids to do today, but he had a complaint for everything.

Here's an example: He and Daisy came home from church yesterday with a sheet of ornaments for them to color and cut out. So today I let them color their ornaments. 

See? Happy children, coloring ornaments. 
Do you notice anything about Caleb's ornaments?

I thought maybe it was just a fluke, that he didn't know what he was doing.
 WRONG.
He did the last one, then pointed to it and said, "See? It says, 'NO ELIZABETH AND MARY ALLOWED."
*sigh*

Then he continued to color his ornaments with his red marker. After he had colored the whole sheet, he looked up at me and said, "I'd like another, please."
I replied, "Honey, there is no other. You brought this home from church. I don't have any more."
And then his lip began quivering and his eyes welled up with tears and he said, "But my candle is all red! I don't want my candle to be all red!"
When I helpfully pointed out that the candle was all red because he had colored it with his red marker, he totally lost it. 

And that is how it went all. day. long.

By naptime, I had no other hope but to pray with Caleb, begging the LORD to give him sleep so that I would get a break and so that he would wake up in better spirits. The LORD answered my request - sort of. Caleb napped for 3.5 hours, but woke just as touchy as he had been in the morning. 

And then my roast chicken didn't roast and Lily wouldn't nap and holy moly it was the longest day ever.

I've never been so happy to see this man come home from work.
Look at Lily. She's clearly wary of the crazy woman behind the camera. Smart baby. But if she was smarter, she'd nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment