December 27

For the past two or three weeks, I have watched as - one by one - nearly all of  my friends were laid low by a nasty stomach virus. I suppose I was naively optimistic that it would somehow miss us.

I was wrong.

It hit Daisy at about 9 this morning, and she vomited every two hours until 2:30. Thankfully, she was in great spirits the whole time. And at least 50% of the time she made it to the bathroom before puking, so there's that. I'm praying it's over, and that she'll make it through the night without any more yuckiness. Mama doesn't want to do laundry at 2 am. I'm not naive enough to think that it will hit her and skip everyone else, so now it's time for me to batten down the hatches as if preparing for a storm. I didn't even bother quarantining her; the faster everyone gets it, the sooner we can move on with life.

Because Daisy was sick, we did lots of TV watching today. I turned Sesame Street on this morning before I went to put Lily down for a nap (that girl had the worst. night. ever. last night. Ugh.), and came back to find this:
Clutching his Super Grover as he watches Super Grover on TV. Do you see how he's holding Super Grover's hand? Cutest thing ever. 

Sometimes I try to make him be a big boy, but he's 4. He's a four year old. Just a darling little boy who loves Grover and wants to hold his toy's hand. 

Caleb has been going through a rough spell for the past few months, and frankly his whining, fussing, and selfishness have rendered him pretty unlikable a lot of the time. Chris and I have been vacillating between being really annoyed with him and fretting about how to best handle the situation as parents, but moments like this remind us that in truth, he's a great kid. He's in an unpleasant phase, probably in response to less Mommy and Daddy time now that Lily's here, but it will pass. Dear Lord, let it pass.

Meanwhile, Daisy had two baths today, due to the puke situation. This was after her second bath, caused by puking in her bed during naptime. Thankfully, each time I had to clean up vomit, dear Lily was napping in her room. But she woke up just as I finished bathing Daisy, and the girls had snuggles on Daisy's bed.

There's nothing like a sweet little baby to lift your spirits when you feel yucky!

Any bets who the bug will hit next? My guess is Caleb, during the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment