December 12

Caleb had preschool today, so I didn't get my camera out all morning. However, one good thing happened this morning: Lily finally fought off her fever! She woke up this morning still with a temperature around 100, but after her morning nap, she was fever-free! Hooray!

The girls and I stopped at the library before we picked up Caleb and got some new books. Then Caleb, home, lunch, and naps.

Now, let me tell you about those naps. I put Caleb and Daisy down at 1:30, then crawled into bed with Lily and nursed her to sleep. Lily and I snuggled and nursed until 3, when I managed to pull myself away from her. And then all three children slept until - I am not making this up - after 5:00. Crazy! They were up late last night, but still. It was pretty beautiful.

While they slept, I made icing for the cookies we made yesterday. I had a beater waiting for Caleb and Daisy, and they were appropriately appreciative.
I love that Daisy is still clutching the two stuffed animals she sleeps with: a pink bear that came with some flowers when Lily was born, and a pup from GREAT Aunt Maggie that Caleb named "Arf-ur".

I love Caleb's striped shirt with t-shirt combo.

I love that this girl is healthy again!

I hate that I corrected the color of this photo - twice - in Photoshop, but it didn't remember either. But I love that my kids are so excited about  new library books that they'll plop down in the hallway to read together.

No comments:

Post a Comment