December 19

Today was:
a MOPS day
a preschool day
the preschool Winter Party
Lily's five-month birthday

Whew! We finished the snowman game and teacher gifts for preschool, and I had him there right as they opened the school doors. His teachers loved the cookie jars and cards, and Caleb and I were pretty pleased with the snowman game.
See, you throw the sock "snowballs" at the snowman. If they hit him, he swings to let the ball roll into the box. Caleb loved playing it, and I was so proud that I came up with it all by myself.

Imagine my dismay when I came to pick Caleb up from the party and found that another mom had purchased a giant, inflatable snowman that was almost the same idea; he had holes and beanbags and you were supposed to toss the beanbags into the hole. Caleb preferred his game, and lots of people asked how I made the beanbags, but I still felt like the girl who shows up at the dance, only to find someone wearing the same dress.

I know, I know. First world problems. It really wasn't a big deal, just funny.

Between naps and dinner today, I managed to take some pictures for sweet Lily's birthday.
At five months, she's clocking in at 14 pounds, 13 ounces.
She hates going to sleep at bedtime, and does best when Chris wears her in the Ergo until we're all ready to go to bed.
We briefly tried to get her to sleep in her crib, but that fell by the wayside and she's still in bed with us.
She naps about three times a day (when she can!), and it's usually an hour and a half in the morning, two or three hours in the afternoon, and 45 minutes in the evening.
She rolls front to back, but not back to front.
She must be teething; I can see a little white spot and she's drooling constantly and chewing on everything. However, we've been saying that for a month now.
She's really very sweet; she doesn't fuss when I leave her in the church or MOPS nursery.
She loves Caleb and Daisy more than anything in the world! Well, except milk.
I just put away her 3-6 month clothes and moved her up to the 6-12 month clothes. What a big girl!

Goodness, look at those cheeks! Those jowls! Daisy was nine months old before she was the size Lily is now. Also, Caleb wore this hat for his first Christmas, and Daisy wore it in her seven-month photos. Oh, and she wore the same shirt! 

H, sweet girl! Can you see the drool dripping off her chin? 

She took a short nap today, and instead of trying to get her back to sleep, I whisked her away and put her in front of the Christmas tree for these photos. Luckily, she was very cooperative.


But then she decided to show off with some rolling! Yay, Lily!

Happy five-month birthday, sweet Lulu!

1 comment:

  1. wow! too much adorableness! This makes my morning at work :)

    ReplyDelete