December 31

How about we end the year with a bang: I'll post approximately a jillion photos.

Caleb woke up feeling relatively fine this morning (he didn't eat much, but I don't blame him), so Chris and I decided that the boys should go ahead with their special adventure to the Magic House, just as we had planned. Chris took Caleb off for some special father/son time, while the girls and I stayed home. Daisy was devastated when they left; when Chris was helping Caleb with his shoes, Daisy brought her shoes to me and sobbed uncontrollably when I told her that she didn't need her shoes because she was staying home with me. 

Lily didn't mind at all, though!
Isn't she cute playing on the couch with all of her toys?

She actually plays with things now, which is really fun.

Once Lily went down for a nap, Daisy and I were able to have some special time together, too. I even painted her toenails for the first time!
At first she wanted pink, but when she saw her options, she eagerly chose blue. That's my girl! (I Instagrammed this photo; my friend Jessica has convinced me to give it a try. We'll see if there's really a place in my life for it...)

Chris sent me a ton of cute pictures of his time with Caleb at the Magic House, but if I posted all of them it would mean I'd be posting a gajillion photos, instead of just a jillion. So how about just one?
Caleb said this was his favorite part of the Magic House.

Much later, after lunch and naps and waking up, I was pumping and ended up with a bit of extra breast milk. I decided to put some in one of the sippy cups Daisy gave Lily for Christmas, just to see what Lily would do. Surprisingly, it went like this: 
She put it to her mouth right away, realized there was milk in it, and began drinking! I even heard a swallow, so I know she got some.

Perhaps my baby who won't take a bottle will take a sippy cup?

Daisy was thrilled to see Lily using her Christmas gift, and delighted to help feed her sister. Of course, Caleb saw Daisy holding the sippy cup, and he had to get in on that action too. So there are two hands holding that cup in Lily's mouth. Gotta love that sibling love!

Since we're having a low-key, stay-at-home kind of New Year's Eve, I picked up some party hats and noisemakers today. We looked so cute that I just had to set up the tripod and take a family photo.

Happy New Year!

And then we began the festivities: 
Chris popped the champagne, trying (quite successfully) to send the cork flying.

Caleb and Daisy were both terrified and thrilled. Caleb thought the cork was pretty cool!

And I think he is pretty cool, with his festive hat, sparkly tiara, and sunglasses.

Our special New Year's meal was almost identical to our meal last year. Funny how that goes! Funny, also, that we've been in this house exactly two years now. It's far from perfect, but it sure feels like home now!

Caleb didn't eat any of his dinner. I guess his stomach is feeling tender. We didn't fight it, though; it meant more steak and crab legs for us!

I had to fight Daisy for the crab legs, though. She loved them! (However, she was very confused by the fact that we couldn't eat the crab's shell.)

Once again, Lily settled for eating the napkin. Soon, dear girl. Be patient!

After baths, I took a few more New Year's photos. 
Oh my goodness. Don't you just want to eat her up?

No? How about this one? 
Still no? How about a video of her laughing?

She was laughing like this because I was blowing the hair out of my face.

Happy New Year's, Caleb!

Daisy channeled Michael Jackson with her hat and wet, curly hair.

And Caleb tried out a new look.

It may not be fancy, but I call this a perfect evening! We have much to be thankful for this year, and we thank God for our many blessings.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment