December 16

Another Do-Nothing Monday! (Seriously. Am I the only one who does this? I'm pretty sure I'm starting a trend here. Soon, all of you will be celebrating Do-Nothing Mondays right along with me!)

Caleb and Daisy played all morning long. It. Was. Great. Except for the occasional shrieking, of course. We still struggle with that. And Caleb's default volume is LOUD, so I have to constantly remind him that he's shouting at me. But other than that, it was great.

The kids managed to play with the stuff in our "Pretend Bin" without dumping it all out, which is huge progress.
Caleb has gotten really creative lately. His costumes are more elaborate, and typically he has a story to go along with it.

Today he was Goliath. This was his tough Goliath face. Please note the warrior hat, tool belt (containing both tools and doctor equipment), coffee scooper from Starbucks, and pretend cell phone. Oh, and muscle shirt. He informed me that it was okay for him to wear it today since we weren't going anywhere.

Lily did not nap well today. She took approximately 49 short naps. During one of these naps, I went to work on a project in the basement. Lily woke up, but, frustrated after already getting her at least 28 times, I decided to finish my project before I went to get her. Luckily, my older children are super helpers.
Daisy is making her "Don't take my picture!" face. But she heard Lily crying, and all by herself went upstairs, went into my room, turned on the light, opened the curtains, unswaddled Lily, and played with her until she was happy.

Mmm-hmm. She's only two and a half, but she's already a rockstar babysitter. Look at how happy Lily is with the whole situation!

Eventually, all of the children went down for their naps, and Lily finally settled down for a real nap. When Daisy woke up, I just had to take a picture because it is exactly what happens almost every day. 
She sleeps on a body pillow with a polyester pillow case, and her tossing and turning makes her hair really frizzy. She also insists on having her froggy humidifier on while she sleeps (I forgot today and she freaked out), so her hair gets even curlier. And when she wakes up, she always comes stumbling down the long hallway, clutching her pink teddy bear and Arfur the Pup in her arms.

I love it beyond words. When I see her hugging her toys so fiercely, I want to snatch her up in my arms and squeeze her as tightly as I possibly can, for as long as I possibly can. I'd snuggle her into adolescence if I could.

And this sweet girl?
Definitely teething. That tooth seems like it will pop through any day now! She's handling it really well. She's just drooly and chewy!

No comments:

Post a Comment