December 30

And now Caleb is puking.
*sigh*
Just when I thought maybe the rest of us would escape with nothing more than stomach cramps. Poor kid. This afternoon, before the puking began, Caleb's tummy was hurting. He chose to go down for an early nap, and we prayed that God would heal his tummy. I came in to check on him a few minutes later, and he solemnly asked me, "Mommy? Why does God sometimes heal slow?"
I don't know, my boy. I just don't know. 

Chris went in to work this morning, but took the afternoon off. We're lucky that not much really happens for him this time of year, and he has the vacation days to spend with us.

Lily was so happy when Daddy came home from work!

Caleb woke up from his early nap, and Chris suggested they watch Star Wars. It's so funny that as obsessed as Caleb is with the film, he's never actually seen it. Chris and I debated a bit about whether to show Caleb the films based on when they were made (so episodes IV, V, and VI, then episodes I, II, and III), or in the order the plot progresses (I, II, III, IV, V, and VI). We ended up deciding to start with episode I, just so that the story would make more sense and so that he could see his favorite character: Anakin as a little boy. We did worry that he might not be old enough, but we decided to just go for it.

Caleb was entranced.

Because he's already read so many books that cover the plot of the films on a much simpler level, he was able to follow most of the action. He knew which character was which, who was good, who was bad, and what was going on. It was so much fun!

But one can only watch Star Wars for so long. 
Then it was family reading time while I made dinner. I can't believe all of them fit in Lily's big chair! I'm sure that won't last for long, and one day I'll look at Caleb's long legs and big feet and wonder how they all fit there. So I'm choosing to savor this moment, because they'll never be this small again!

Also, I must record this conversation for posterity:
Chris and the kids were playing in the basement while I made dinner. Caleb and Daisy were riding bikes, but Daisy kept riding the opposite direction of Caleb. Chris told her to go the same direction, and she whispered something under her breath. Caleb immediately started crying, and screamed, "She called me stupid!"
Chris put on his Stern Daddy face and asked, "Daisy, did you call Caleb stupid?"
Daisy looked up at him and replied, "No."
Chris said, "OK. I thought I heard you say something."
Then Daisy said, "I called YOU stupid."

Ha!!! Or, more appropriately, that would be hilarious if it wasn't so disrespectful. That girl is totally my daughter, and I have a feeling she's going to make things pretty challenging for us. It's a good thing she's so cute!

1 comment:

  1. ohhh sad! Chris is prob like where did sweet little Daisy go??

    ReplyDelete