December 11

Last night, Lily lasted in her crib for two and a half hours. Hooray!

Sadly, when she woke up and Chris brought her in to me, I realized that she had a fever. 102.6, to be precise. Poor Baby! Though she had no other symptoms, she was pretty uncomfortable. We had a pretty rough night.

Lily still had a low-grade fever when she woke, and it lasted all day. Luckily, she had the sense to nap quite a bit. The new philosophy for dealing with fevers and small children is to try to avoid medicating if at all possible; unless Baby is very uncomfortable or the fever is very high, it's best to let the fever do its job of killing off any infection. That's pretty hard for this Type A mama! 

While Lily slept most of the day away, Caleb, Daisy and I were busy, busy, busy.
First, the kids made paper chains. I didn't expect Daisy to be able to do it, but they both did a great job all by themselves.

Can you tell how impressed Caleb is by his handiwork?

Can you tell how desperately Daisy wants to do whatever Brother does?

Then, we made sugar cookies. 
To be fair, these weren't actually "sugar" cookies. I think the actual title of the recipe was "Holiday Roll-Out Cookies". They used almond flour instead of wheat flour, and honey instead of sugar. The dough was a bit sticky, but otherwise they were pretty good!

My busy bakers! We brought our un-frosted cookies over to my friend Sara's house for dinner tonight, and the kids got to decorate them after we ate. What fun!

And then there's poor Lil. 
I put her down for a nap at 12:30, and she nursed and napped for an hour before I could sneak away. She slept all afternoon, until we woke her to leave for Sara's at 5:30. She's in good spirits, but it's clear that she feels yucky. Currently her temperature is right around 100, so we're doing better. And since all bets are off when Baby is sick, I'm not pushing the crib-sleeping thing until she's healthy again. Let's pray for a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment