December 14

Even though today was a Saturday, I woke up at 5:30 to get ready for my once-every-6-weeks job supervising the ACT. Luckily, the first thing I did was check my phone, where I found a text message informing me that the ACT had been cancelled due to the snow.
Snow!
So I climbed back into my warm, cozy bed and let visions of Chris taking the children sledding dance through my head.

After breakfast, Chris took the big kids outside and I put Lily down for her nap, then got to work doing random things around the house. I didn't hear from them until it was nearly lunch time. Lily woke up and I thought she would enjoy a little bit of snow time. I bundled her up, took her out, and was pleasantly surprised to see that our friends Caleb and Hannah were playing in the snow, too!

Hannah was delighted to see that Lily had come out to play. 
Hannah's baby brother, Andrew, is a few months older than Lily, so Hannah always gets confused and thinks that Lily is a boy. It's pretty cute.

I love these little snow bunnies!

This picture kills me. At first, it's just a sweet picture of Chris and Lily. But on second glance, you notice Daisy in the background, screaming in discomfort/frustration/rage/exhaustion. She had been playing in the snow for nearly two hours, and was done. Her mittens were wet, so she took them off and stood there, bare-handed, in the snow and screamed. It was so pathetic and funny at the same time.

Hi, sweet Lil! Daddy has an idea for you...

Daisy was still screaming to go inside, but Chris wanted to give Lily her first sledding experience before we went in.

I love that it looks like he's snuggling a teddy bear while he's sledding down the hill! Lily, however, was unimpressed. Maybe she'll enjoy it more next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment