December 15

I finally found time today to put up the little Christmas trees the kids picked out on Tuesday. They were so excited to wake up from their naps and find their trees lit and waiting to be decorated!
This girl woke up first. Isn't she a funny mess? Her tank top was a hand-me-down that we didn't get until after tank top season was over, so she never got to wear it. I pulled it out the other day for my last attempt at Christmas card photos because I needed something red for her to wear, and... it's her new favorite thing ever. In December. When there's snow on the ground. Two year olds are so funny!

She wasn't really interested in decorating her tree, though. All she wanted to do was play with her special ornaments. Then she tipped over her tree, spilling water everywhere. (I can't imagine why her tree tipped... that bright green bucket with a brick in it seemed so sturdy!)

When Caleb woke up, he was delighted to find that I purchased colorful lights especially for his tree. He's made several comments about how he wished our house and big tree had colored lights instead of white lights, so I surprised him with these. After his excitement, he got down to the serious work of tree-trimming.

This is Daisy's "I don't want my picture taken" face.

There it is again. Silly girl.

Caleb's finished tree. He was so proud of his handiwork!
(And yes, he is wearing lavender socks. His new favorite thing is pilfering socks from Daisy's drawer, or "trading" socks with her.)

After tree-trimming, Chris and Daisy went to the store to purchase new Christmas tree stands while Caleb and I made Christmas gifts for his preschool teachers. We made these jars of cookie mix, but Caleb was more interested in eating the M&Ms and white chocolate chips.

I didn't get any pictures of Lily until bedtime, but boy are these bedtime pictures fun. Girl was in quite the mood! 





Is it any surprise that I soon discovered she was completely uninterested in going to bed?
So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment