July 8

This will be quick - we're in the midst of a packing frenzy.
We're leaving around 2 in the morning to make an 8-hour drive to my grandparents' house in Iowa. Grandpa is turning 80 and they scheduled the party on Caleb's 2nd birthday. We'll only be gone a few days, and chose to drive through the night both ways to minimize hotel stays. (Caleb sleeps terribly in hotels.)

So. Chris is putting Caleb to bed right now. My goal is to get the car totally packed, then go to bed super-early. That way we'll get a decent amount of sleep before we have to make the long, boring drive. Luckily, my baby sister is riding along with us. She'll definitely help us stay awake and mind the babies!

Chris stayed home from work today to help me with all of the running around and craziness that always occurs before any trip, whether large or small. He also found some time to play with the hose with Caleb.

Caleb was unusually fussy while I was making dinner, so I popped him in the ERGO on my back. He was quite content while I chopped and sauteed away. Then Daisy woke up. Chris came in from grilling to find me with a baby in front and a baby in back!

Caleb was happy with the arrangement.

Now I'm off to pack and clean and nurse and soothe and hopefully sleep.  I'm not bringing the computer, so you'll hear from me again on Monday, with lots of pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment