July 13

Today is my 601st post. Really. Kind of crazy, isn't it?

I feel a little crazy for blogging this much. 

But every time I feel a little bit crazy, or a little bit obnoxious, I look back at things I've written and pictures I've taken, and I re-remember something I'd forgotten. And I feel proud. And it's worth it.

So. Post #601.

This girl is working on tummy time.
I told Caleb she was learning to do push-ups.

So he showed her how to do push-ups.
Really.

It didn't help.

Once Daisy went to sleep, Caleb and I opened up his birthday gifts from GREAT Aunt Maggie: a really fancy cupcake mix, and a set of kid-sized baking utensils. 

We made a huge mess, and baked ourselves silly.

Clearly, it was a lot of fun.

Even more fun?
The fruits of our labor.
(No, he doesn't have two cupcakes in front of him. I cut his one cupcake in half, at his request. We hear, "Cut it IN half?" quite a bit around here.)

First, he tried the hands-free approach. He doesn't like his hands to be messy.
Eventually, he gave in and used his hands.

"Delicious!"
(He actually said that. And he was totally right.)

That's how much he liked his cupcake.
I may be raising a chocoholic.

Now I'm going to eat another cupcake. I AM nursing, after all. Daisy needs those calories!


No comments:

Post a Comment