July 3

It seems like our darling Daisy is now mostly sleeping through the night. Last night was better than most - she went to sleep at 10 pm and woke up at 5:45 am. Usually she wakes up around 4:45 am, which is earlier than I prefer, but is still usually a solid six hours of uninterrupted sleep for me. For a two-month-old, exclusively breastfed baby, Daisy is rocking the nighttime sleep department.

Also, my weight concerns for her are temporarily on hold. On our way home from the party yesterday, we stopped by Babymoon so that I could weigh our little girl. 10 pounds, 4 ounces! That's a gain of 4 ounces in 3 days, and puts her in the 19th percentile, which puts me in the "happy mama" category. No worries here.

A happy mama = a happy girl.
Who am I kidding. This girl is happy whether I am or not.
Also, I know this photo is a little blurry and dark, but her little smile was so cute that I had to post it.

I'm a really good mom. This is my child eating chocolate right before dinner.

30 minutes before dinnertime, Caleb looked up at me and asked, "Brown cookie?"
I knew exactly what he meant: the chocolate-marshmallow pinwheels I keep stashed in the cabinet. Earlier in the day he had asked for a cookie and Chris gave him an animal cracker. This time, Caleb knew to be more specific. Thus, "Brown cookie?"

I was so impressed with his specific request that I granted it.  With one exception, that is. He had to share that brown cookie with me.

He willingly shared the first bite. After that, I got a "No no no!" anytime I tried to steal a bite. At one point, he even wagged his finger at me!  I suppose that means we're raising him right. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment