July 27

Today, more tantrums. Tantrums like you would not believe. Screaming. Crying. Kicking. Hitting anything in sight. (What is it with this kid and hitting? How does he come by it? We haven't hit or spanked him, and he's not in regular contact with other kids who might hit; why does he naturally want to hit when he gets mad?)

I am exhausted.

And yet, after the storm passes, I have a sweet, smart, funny, cooperative little boy. It's so confusing, and frustrating. But thanks to friends like Amber and Sara, I know that this is normal. Still, feel free to encourage me every now and then that this is normal and it will pass? I need to hear it.

Caleb in a non-fussing moment:
Out on the patio, he put on my gardening gloves, then immediately turned to the garden and said, "You gonna pull up weeds?"

Despite all of Caleb's mood swings, Daisy continues to be sweet and calm. 
This one reminds me of this one of Caleb:

Caleb was almost four months old in this one; Daisy is almost three months old. Funny, isn't it?

She was all smiles and giggles, because she knew today was Daddy's 30th birthday.

Chris and Daisy even got to have a nice long chat before we left for his birthday dinner. My mom came out to watch the kiddos while Chris and I dined sans children. It was pretty fantastic.

Daisy clearly thinks her Daddy is fantastic, too. Happy 30th birthday to the best husband and father I could have ever hoped for! Your family loves you, Chris!

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel better, we're sort of going through the same thing! Except its always in the store...yikes! We haven't spanked Mav either...it comes natural like you said. He likes to hit me (sort of hard) and then HE says, "Ow!". You're not alone. :)
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete