July 7

Today was much better than yesterday. Caleb miraculously slept until 7:45 this morning, a full two hours later than he normally sleeps.We played at the park, visited my parents, and had much fewer tantrums.

When Caleb, Daisy and I woke up from our naps, we discovered that a  package had come in the mail! Chris' grandma, who lives in Oklahoma, had sent birthday gifts for Caleb and something for Daisy. Since Caleb's birthday isn't until Saturday, we didn't open those gifts. But we did open the gift for Daisy...
It was a stained-glass suncatcher! As soon as we unwrapped it, Caleb gasped, "Oh! It's beautiful!"

It rained all afternoon, which was kind of a bummer. After Daisy went back to sleep, I asked Caleb what he wanted to do. His response?
"Bake cookies."

So we baked cookies!

Caleb loves to help me cook. I'd fill a measuring cup, and he would dump it into the bowl. We didn't even make any messes or have any tantrums during the baking!

He dipped his finger in...

and sampled the dough.

Yum!

I even let him lick BOTH of the beaters!

Before bathtime, both kiddos rolled around on our bed. 
I love seeing them both in their cloth diapers!

Little Daisy feet!

Have I mentioned that Daisy hates bathtime?
After several rough baths in her little infant tub, we happened upon a solution, thanks largely to the movie Babies. (Thanks for sending that, Maggie!) In the movie, they show how mothers bathe their children in four different countries. When the American mother got in the tub with her baby, I thought, "Hey! We can do that!"

So we did.

And it worked! 
See?

Daisy loves the tub when she's snuggling with Mommy or Daddy and watching Caleb splash alongside her. It's pretty fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment