July 15

Did you know that we thought our video camera was broken? For nearly two months, we have taken no video because the darn thing wouldn't work. Today, I finally got so exasperated that I opened it up, fiddled around, and... fixed it! (I aslo discovered a sweet little video that I had never seen before of Caleb meeting Daisy for the first time. Priceless!)

So today, in honor of the newly working video camera, I present:
Caleb Counting to Fifteen!


Yeah, I know he skipped fourteen. Normally he gets it right. But he counts to fifteen because we have fifteen stairs from the living room to his bedroom, and Chris and I count out loud when we go up and down the stairs. What a funny boy.

I hope it's not overkill, but here's another video of him attempting to count. I think it's pretty darn funny.



Things that I love about this video:
1. Before I started recording, I asked him to be louder.  Apparently, louder = higher-pitched.
2. I love that he skipped 7, 8, 9 and 10.
3. When I asked him to try again, you can see him whispering, "fifteen. fifteen. fifteen."
4. Then I say, "Start with one." and he says, "One. One. One."
5. Then he looks at the bottom of both feet. He never does this. But for some reason, when I got out the video camera, he started doing it.
6. I think he may also sniff his feet at one point.
While Chris grilled dinner (part of our dinner was that zucchini I showed you the other day. I felt a little weird slicing it up and grilling it, after comparing it to Daisy...), the kids and I played on the patio.

Caleb has recently discovered the joys of fluffy, white dandelions.

This was his attempt to blow the seeds.
It was unsuccessful.

"Mommy blow it!"

Daisy's just waiting for the day that she can join in the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment