July 1

Typing today's date reminds me that in eight days, my little boy will be two years old.

Two years old!

Time flies so quickly. Suddenly I have a two-year-old and a two-month-old, and I'm thirty years old. I think it's pretty clear that I'm a grownup now, not some fun-loving young person. *sigh* At least I'm raising two fun-loving young people!

OK, this doesn't look too fun-loving, does it? I suppose napping is fun, right? This was a full two hours before Caleb's normal naptime, but for some reason he fell sound asleep in the car. My two sleeping babies were so sweet, I had to take a picture.

There we go!
That's the fun-loving boy we all know - naked, and splashing in water on the patio.

And then there's sweet Daisy, cooing at the camera. This was the first time she wore this dress from her Grandmother, and she was so sweet that we had to have a little photo shoot.

"Who's sweet? Me?"
Oh, you know just how cute you are, kiddo. You have us wrapped around your (not-so-pudgy) little finger.

Yep. Love her.

(I have mentioned the patch of white hair right on the top of her scalp, haven't I? Thankfully, the rest of her hair seems to be growing in light brown, not dark brown.)

(Also, today Caleb and I were watching that James Taylor video for the eighth time today, and he pointed at Carly Simon. I said, "She's beautiful, isn't she?"
Caleb reached up, stroked my hair, and said, "You have beautiful hair."
And then I died.)

No comments:

Post a Comment