July 29

I should be asleep right now, but Chris and Daisy are snuggling in bed and I don't want to disturb their adorable cuddling/sleeping session. So instead, here are today's highlights:

Caleb and his "coffee". I think I've mentioned it before - the kid thinks warm milk with a little bit of honey is coffee. Every morning, it's the first thing he asks for. After he has his coffee, he's good to go.  What a funny boy.

This morning, Daisy fell asleep while playing with her dangly toys. I wasn't even ignoring her; one moment, she was batting at the duck, and the next, she was out cold. I suppose the picture is only funny/noteworthy because it so rarely happens that my babies fall asleep while playing. Usually, at the first sign of tiredness, I swaddle them and pop them in the crib, so I never get to see them asleep in their natural habitat.

Caleb made another leap in his drawing skills today. He used to just randomly scribble all over the page when he colored. But today, I showed him how I color in just one part of the picture, like just Elmo's nose. Then I left him to his own devices. When I returned, I saw four distinct blue scribbles, one on each picture of Cookie Monster. It's so cool to see progress like that within a five minute period!

No comments:

Post a Comment