July 22

Ahh. Time to relax.

Except that there are other parties to attend.
Photos to be edited.
Thank-you notes to be written.
Dishes to be cleaned.
Chris' 30th birthday celebration (on Wednesday!) to be planned.
Our anniversary celebration (in a week and a half!) to be planned.
Oh, and children to be tended.

Maybe we won't relax, after all.

We got the day off to a productive start: Caleb slept until 7:45. (It doesn't matter when Daisy wakes up - I just keep her in bed with me and nurse her into submission. Some things about babies are really easy.) Then, Caleb and I got started on the thank-you notes.

Caleb used his new markers to decorate on the front, then I wrote on the insides.
(Ok, we might have played in the water table outside before we started with the thank-you notes. Hence his completely wet front half.)

He was very serious about his artwork, though he multi-tasked by using two hands at once. He's finally started drawing circles (Jenni, I was totally jealous of your post about Mav's artwork, and his circle-drawing. He's definitely more advanced in the drawing arena than Caleb is!), so he used them quite a bit. He also made ample use of the dot. As he drew, Caleb explained his drawings:
"Oh! That's a knuckle ball! That's a bald eagle! A baseball! That's a baseball!"

It was pretty funny.

Daisy is also working hard to impress me with her skills. She just recently started batting at toys, and today she wanted to show me just how good she is.

She spent quite a bit of time interacting with Mr. Duck Duck. You may remember him from this post, when  he and Caleb bonded over a serious conversation. Caleb was almost five months old then. Daisy is getting close to three months old (can you belive how the weeks fly by?), but her relationship with Mr. Duck Duck is blossoming, and Caleb doesn't seem to mind sharing his friend. What a good big brother.

Also, Caleb's new trick is to say, "You gonna make Daisy happy?" then give her a kiss. I love that boy! And I love that his kisses do, in fact, typically make Daisy happy! When I was pregnant with Daisy, I remember a friend saying that the most exciting part about being pregnant with #2 was knowing that you were giving baby #1 a sibling. At the time, I didn't share her enthusiasm. The idea hadn't even crossed my mind. I didn't care about giving Caleb a sibling. But now that Daisy is here, I am so happy that God has blessed us with a sibling for him. Daisy has brought out a whole new aspect of his personality, and seeing him interact with her makes me love him even more. He's such a good big brother, and she is (already!) such a doting sister. Which makes me one happy mama.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, thanks for the shout-out about Mav! Mr. Caleb is quite the rockstar, and definitely is a man of his own talent, too ! I love that he is such a great big brother, Daisy is a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete