May1

What? May? Springtime is nearly over, and it's almost summer! We are nearly finished with our first semester of home schooling! Let me tell you, people: I am so ready to kick back and enjoy a lazy summer. The level of burnout I feel right now is akin to what I felt as a student, and later as a high school teacher. I am done. Except that there is still so much to do, and somehow my responsibilities as a mother and as a homemaker (and now as a budding businessperson, with my tiny little photography business) never seem to take a break. Oh well. I am going to imagine that summer will come and involve lounging and playing all day, with no responsibilities at all, and maybe even with a cocktail in my hand. 
And a hammock. Definitely a hammock.
(It doesn't matter that our house has no place suitable for a real hammock to hang. In my dream, it exists.)

We went to church this morning, and I even wore a dress. But we were fifteen minutes late, Caleb wore an Oregon Ducks t-shirt and pants that were two inches two short, and something about the whole process of getting them into and out of their classrooms left me feeling frazzled and overwhelmed. Then we made our customary after-church Costco run, and the stress was even greater. Eli fell asleep in the van on the way home, and then his naps for the rest of the day were ruined. We were supposed to go to small group, but Chris and I decided we just needed to stay home.

After dinner I was so done, so I retreated to my big bed. Of course, my children can never allow me to be in bed alone, so each of them separately snuck into my bed and stole some snuggles:



Bedtime reading looked like this:
I am so lucky to have such a good man as my partner in this parenting thing. I can't imagine how hard it is for women who don't have husbands like mine.

Right after I snapped the photo above, Daisy insisted I take a picture of her chalk creation in the driveway. 
She was very proud. Do you see that it's a blonde-haired, red-eyed, happy woman with a striped shirt and high heels? Fancy stuff here.

No comments:

Post a Comment