May 19

You guys.
I have been absent for over a week now because MY COMPUTER DIED.
It was awful. Yesterday, my computer updated to Windows 10 without my consent. It has been asking me to update for months, but I kept declining because really, who likes change? Not me. But apparently my computer grew tired of being denied, and did it without my permission. I was not happy, but I'm a big girl, so I put on my big girl pants and dealt with it. I didn't like the update, but I could handle it. After using it for a day or so, there were a few things I especially didn't like, so I poked around a bit in my settings to fix them. Suddenly, I saw the solution! A button that said simply, "Revert to Windows 7".

I swear I heard angels singing; that was exactly what I wanted to do! I clicked that button without a second thought.

And then my computer died. Blue screen of death. Nothing I could do to fix it. Horrible. Awful. Terrible. So I am writing this one week, $250 in repair and data recovery fees, and a new computer later. Boo.

So. May 19th was the day I clicked that button and my computer died.

Luckily, before my computer died I was able to order some vitamins and supplements that I think will help boost my mood and balance out my hormones. They should arrive tomorrow, and I am optimistic that they will help. If not, I will be seeing my doctor again re: Angry Mom. But really, how obnoxious is it that something as stressful and frustrating as a computer meltdown has to happen when I'm dealing with emotional/mental health issues? Especially when I have a full calendar of photo sessions scheduled? Not cool. But I will survive.

I have mostly cell phone pictures today.

Lily is my snuggle bug. But whenever I call her Snuggle Bug, she corrects me: "No. I not 'Nuggle Bug. I Lily Clare."
Alright then!

Two happy duckies! I think I took this picture while Caleb and Daisy were off having special time with Grandmother. Caleb and Daisy love their special time with her, and I love it too. Lily is so jealous that she's not old enough for Special Time yet, but her time will come.

This boy. Did I ever mention that he took a few steps on Mother's Day? May 8th is the day he took three steps to me. He hasn't really done much independent walking since, but he has really mastered walking while holding on to hands or fingers. Soon he'll be a real walker!

And then I got to leave. The girls from my MOPS table got together for an end-of-the-year celebration at our mentor Liz's house. I have known Liz since I was probably 10 years old? We went to church together back then, and she helped with the youth group when I was a teenager. Now she is one of my favorite people in my MOPS group. I feel so thankful to have people in my life that I've known for that long!

My MOPS girls, minus one. It was a good group!

No comments:

Post a Comment