May 17

Today was Daisy's second-to-last day of preschool, ever. It was Sunglasses Day, so Daisy dressed accordingly for both events.
Two pairs of sunglasses for Sunglasses Day, and a party dress for the end of the year ice cream social.

The kids and I joined Daisy in her classroom for the farewell event.  
Does she look like she's ready to be a kindergartner? I can't decide.

We sat and listened as Ms. Amy and each student shared a little bit about preschool.

Here is Daisy's turn:
Sorry for the wobbliness - Eli was on my back, and he was totally peeved to be so close to all the toys, but not allowed to touch them.

Daisy loves Ms. Amy. Who am I kidding? I love Ms. Amy. She has taught my kiddos for the past three years, and I'm definitely sad that we won't be enrolling Lily in her class in the fall. Since I'm keeping Caleb and Daisy home for school, I decided to keep Lily home from preschool, too. Maybe next year, when she's four, I'll send her back to Ms. Amy's classroom.

My two graduates of Ms. Amy's class.

And then, it was time for ice cream for everyone!
Yep - even Eli got some! (I may have helped him a little bit.)

Ms. Amy even came and sat with the kids for a little bit, which they thought was very exciting.

Only one day of preschool left for this girl!

Chris had a work event tonight, so he didn't get home until well after bedtime. The children are crushing my spirit, and I think I may die. But sometimes, everything is okay.
This was a moment when everything was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment