May 6

After last night's vomiting, Caleb was pretty much fine today. His stomach was still sensitive, but the worst was over. It was a good thing, too, because Daisy had her five-year well child check at the doctor. All of the kids came with us for the appointment, which is never my preference, but it was fine.

I apologize for the poorly lit picture and for Daisy's scowly face, but I love her outfit of the day. It's a new dress from Grandmother, white tights, and her new high heeled sandals from Grandma. She doesn't look happy, but I can promise you that Daisy felt like hot stuff in this outfit.

Her doctor appointment went perfectly. At five years old, Daisy is 42.5 inches tall (50th percentile) and 37 pounds (28th percentile). She is doing everything she's supposed to do, and is the picture of health.

I also weighed the other kids. Last week at his 15-month checkup, Eli was 20 pounds, 13 ounces. Today, Lily weighed 27 pounds, and Caleb weighed 52.

We got ready to head home from the doctor, but it was 10:30 and it was so nice out that we decided to stop at a park on the way. And then I realized that lunch might be nice, so we grabbed some McDonald's and went to a park we'd only been to once or twice before. We had the whole place to ourselves, and it was so much fun!

Caleb discovered and photographed this awesome caterpillar: 
We Googled it, and it's some sort of moth.

Here are my happy children: 
I can't even begin to express how much I love this picture. Eli may not be walking yet, but he can get all over a playground. Unfortunately, this one had a dark green rubberized surface that absorbed the sun's heat, so poor Eli would crawl 2 or 3 feet, then sit up and rub his hands and cry because the surface was burning them. Luckily, the play structure was shaded and he was able to climb all the way to the top, and even go down the slides!

We went home for naps, and Caleb and Daisy again said they wanted to take naps, but ended up talking for an hour while I put Lily and Eli down. Finally I told them that they obviously weren't napping, and made them leave their room so we could do school. While I was working with Daisy on reading (we just started Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons), this happened:
He was sound asleep on the couch, lying on top of Barbie clothes and a hard plastic Spider Man, using a rain poncho as a blanket.

The poor kid was still feeling miserable. Luckily, there was no more vomit. My poor boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment