May 12

I tend to fall behind on my blogging when I have photo editing to do. Luckily, I just finished all of my mini-sessions from last week! But... I had another photo session tonight, so more editing. Hopefully I will find a balance soon, because I love it!

Lily and I tried out a new carry today, which was fun for both of us.
I mean, seriously. She is just the cutest, messy hair and all.

After dinner, Chris decided that we should take the kids kite flying. Caleb and Daisy got kites for Easter, and we had yet to use them. I don't think I knew what I was doing when I purchased double-handled kites for them, though. They were a bit of a challenge.

The first challenge was assembly. During that process, Daisy's kite broke. No kite-flying for her!
*whomp, whomp*

Then I helped Caleb try to figure his out. My dad was once an expert kite flyer, and would have helped Caleb much better than I was able to. 
Still, we tried.

Lily didn't have a kite, but she found this dragon glider that was a Christmas gift of Caleb's a year or two ago. It was her "kite". 
She loved it!

I love Daisy's curls, backlit by the sun. (The haircut is okay. It's a bit lopsided, and I need to trim that one long curl you see in the picture. But otherwise, not cringe-worthy.)

Oh, yeah. Chris wore Eli on his back the whole time Caleb flew his kite. He is kind of SuperDad.

Remarkably, Daisy didn't fuss at all when her kite broke. She was clearly disappointed and bored, though, until I gave her the job of "kite launcher". She fulfilled her duties with seriousness and pride.

Look at them all! Daisy just launched the kite, Caleb is trying to make it go, Chris and Eli are supervising, and Lily is making her dragon "fly" through the air. I love it!

And sweet Eli was so content on Daddy's back!

Success! It never lasted long, though. I think we need Grandpa's expertise.

But this: 





I love it! It was hectic and ill-fated, but I can't wait to find simpler kites and try again!

1 comment:

  1. oh it still looks like fun. SO many great memories you create as a family!

    ReplyDelete