May 10

I felt yucky much of the morning today, but Lily was in fine spirits and I felt fine by the afternoon. It was a beautiful day, and we celebrated with some outside time in the evening.
Isn't Lily's outfit hilarious? She picked it out herself, wore it all day, and I'm fairly confident that her leggings were on backwards all day.

The girl joyfully ran laps up and down the sidewalk, all the while carrying a yellow marker. Nearly three-year-olds are hilarious.

Have I ever mentioned that we call her "Nettie"? We do, and I have no idea why except that Caleb came up with it at some point, and it has stuck. On any given day, I will call her Lily, Lulu, Lulubelle, Lily Lou, Lily Chris, Lily Clare, Nettie, Net-net, and Nettie Noo. And at bedtime, I always call her Luke. The poor child is going to grow up so confused about what her name actually is!

Daisy ran laps, too. I think this girl is going to grow up to be athletic! She is already very confident and competitive, so now our job is to find the right sport for her!

What a stinker.

Also, this boy: 
Did I mention that on Mother's Day he took his first steps?
He did! Just three hesitant steps before he crashed into me, but they totally count. We have been practicing without much progress, but he thinks standing and walking are really funny, and giggles the whole time.

Also, his curls.

Also, I just love this little man. He is so engaged with his siblings, which is really fun for me as a mom.

Hiya, Handsome!
(His fourth tooth, top left, keeps promising to break through but never does. He may just have three teeth for the rest of his life. Better than none, I suppose.)

Oh yeah. We had ice cream.
(Yes, Caleb is wearing a mesh muscle shirt and a Lego watch. It's what all the cool kids are doing.)

Chris shared his ice cream with Eli, and Eli was very happy.

And then I caught him making mischief. What a funny little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment