May 20

This was a dead computer day. I spent all day trying to revive it, to no avail. Thankfully, my mood/hormone supplements arrived today. Also, Chris desperately wanted to do something to help me feel better, so he decided that now was the time to begin helping Eli learn to sleep through the night in his own crib. 

Last night was Night 1, in which Chris began working on night weaning Eli. It basically involved Chris sleeping in the recliner in Eli's room, where he held Eli most of the night. It is not ideal for Chris, but he loves me and knows that I need a good night's sleep. I appreciate his sacrifice.

Caleb had a baseball game today, so my pictures are all from that. I was scrambling to get the children fed before the game, and I failed to bring adequate entertainment for them. In the end, I gave Daisy my camera to keep her distracted. Here is the world from Daisy's point of view:

Mommy. Boy, do I look tired. I suppose it's accurate.

The boys warming up.

This one is my favorite.

Me distracting Eli.

As she grew increasingly confident with my camera, I grew increasingly nervous. In the end, I took it away and gave her my iPhone to continue documenting things.
Watching the game!

This is my other favorite picture she took. I love the crop of it - it's very trendy. It's Lily in the leggings and boots, and her friend Cora in the Belle costume. Cora is one of four children, also, who are all the same age and gender of my children. The girls love playing with their friends at games and practices! Even better, Cora's mom is way more prepared than I am. She always comes prepared with books and chalk and games for the kids.

Eli is trying to climb up onto the bleachers. There was also an obnoxious drunk dad at this game, which was very uncomfortable. Luckily, he moved elsewhere pretty quickly.

Ha! Eli finally got up on the bleachers, and was so happy with himself!

Lily was riffling through our diaper bag, looking for anything she could find to entertain herself. I have no idea what she's putting in her mouth. Mom of the Year, right here!

Daisy brought her new ball and glove, and insisted on wearing her new soccer cleats. Doesn't she look fabulous in the dress that Chris' mom made for her birthday? She definitely felt fabulous in it.

Oops! Missed the ball!

Post-game team picture. One of the things I love about the league Caleb plays on is that most of the time, we can't even remember the score, or which team won. I have no idea if they won or lost this game, just that Caleb got some hits and had a lot of fun.
(that's him in the bottom right, with the red cleat and white sock.)

Silly boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment