May 13

There was no vomit today.
Praise the Lord.
(I forgot to mention in yesterday's post that there was vomit. Vomit of the 3am, in my bed, from my baby variety, and vomit of the just after Daddy left for work, on the kitchen floor variety. It was  not fun.)

In fact, everyone seemed to be fully recovered!

I opened the screen door to let in the fresh air, and soon I discovered that Eli was missing. I found him like this: 
Moments like this are annoying, because I had just put clean clothes on him. And yet, moments like this make me feel like maybe, just maybe, I'm doing something right. 

Because this? 
This is exactly what I want for my children.

It makes my heart so happy, even as I cringe at that nasty, muddy, debris-filled bucket of water.

And look at him standing independently! He's making progress!

While Eli and Lily played in the water, I worked on pulling up weeds in my garden and Caleb and Daisy explored their "Secret Hideout". Caleb came running back and wanted me to follow him into the woods so he could show me an animal print he found, but I wasn't feeling like traipsing through the woods. Instead, I sent my phone with him, set to the camera app.

I suppose Daisy took this picture, since that's Caleb's body. They insist there is an animal's paw print in the mud somewhere.

And this is their secret hideout. I love the memories my children are making as they explore this little sliver of woods!

No comments:

Post a Comment