May 16

It rained today. 
It rained a lot.
Luckily, we didn't have much to do. While we were driving in the van, I happened to ask Caleb what 2x2 was. He knew the answer. Suddenly, we were doing multiplication. My boy made it through all of the 1s, 2s, and 3s on the way home! When we got home, we began multiplication work in earnest, and Caleb was totally pumped.

Eli was pumped, also, and climbed up on the bench, cruised over to Caleb, and plopped himself down in Caleb's lap.
Eli was so pleased with himself!
(Caleb was working on creating a booklet with his multiplication facts in it.)

This moment is exactly why we are homeschooling. Look at how happy Caleb is! I love that keeping him home means that he has time to develop a special relationship with each of his siblings. I also love that we have the freedom to move as fast or as slow as we need to with Caleb's education. Right now, we are full steam ahead with math and reading, and moving very slowly with writing. And you know what? That's okay. It's what my boy needs right now. 

You know what else my boy needs right now? He needs to snuggle with his baby brother.

His baby brother whose fourth tooth may never come in. He may only have one  upper tooth for the rest of his life. I am slowly resigning myself to this fact.

And then Lily said, "LOOK, MOMMY! I CAN DO BALLET!" 
Apparently this is what nearly-three-year-olds think ballet looks like. She asked me to take this picture, then asked to see the picture and was immensely pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment