October 5

Today was a much-needed Do-Nothing Monday. My goal was to scrub my kitchen floor, which was also much-needed. I got it done, but I was reminded why I do it so rarely. I put Eli down for his morning nap, and seized my opportunity to get to work. But right after I started... Eli started screaming. It's like he knew. So I went and got him, and he sat there and cried while I scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees. Daisy and Lily, meanwhile, spent the whole time screaming and fighting. It would appear that my options are either to tend to my children or accomplish tasks around the house, and I can't manage to do both.
What I need is a housekeeper. 
And maybe a nanny.

But my floors are clean now! While I finished the job, I tried to distract Eli by giving him a cup of water to play with.
It worked, at first. He was pretty excited!

Yum! Water!
Only he couldn't manage to bring it to his mouth and drink from it at the same time. I had to hold it for him. When I wasn't holding it to his mouth, he looked like this:

That, my friends, is one unhappy baby.

Trying again...

Nope. Cups are awful.

It's hard being 8 months old.

When it was time to get Caleb off the bus, both girls were still napping. I peeked in on Daisy, who was sound asleep, but Lily doesn't normally nap that long. I tiptoed down to her door, and heard her talking to herself. When I opened the door, I found this:

That, my friends, is one happy girl with some impressive bed head. She had pulled a book off her shelf, and was reading to herself. My heart nearly exploded with joy.

She was reading a story about the color kittens, but when I asked her about it, she replied, "Trying find Baby Dear." It's her favorite story in this book, and I thought it was so cute that she was flipping through the book, searching for it. What a sweetheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment