October 26

Finally! A not-busy day! Oh, Do-Nothing Mondays. You are the best.

We hung out at home and played all day.

I pulled out this Halloween nightlight our neighbor gave us, and this outlet was the only one that made sense for it. I thought it might be safe from Eli, but he was totally fixated on it. The kid is seriously mobile now, and can get all the way across a room if I leave him alone long enough. Yay, Eli! He's still not pulling up, though. He can get from seated to down on his belly and crawling, but he can't get back up from his belly to seated.

Later, Eli had some naked time in his room. Daisy came running in and began rocking out in front of the mirror with a wicked air guitar solo.

I have never been so thankful to have my phone with me.

There wasn't even any music playing. It was all in her head. Also, she has no idea what "air guitar" is. I asked her, and she was clueless. I think she's just seen other people do it? Regardless, it was hilarious.

See? Naked Baby thinks it's really funny.

Ah! Those squishy little buns! He is 9 months on Wednesday, and has his checkup on Thursday. I can't wait to see how much he's grown!

He also has a cold. Poor kid.

After I explained the concept of "air guitar" to Daisy, she ran out and got a ukulele to give us a real show. Eli was captivated. He's so lucky to have such fascinating siblings! Then Daisy and Lily brought in a whole assortment of musical instruments. After I got Eli dressed, he played with a few of them. His favorite was the shaky egg.

Want to see?

After dinner, it was time for another Trunk or Treat. Daisy goes to a preschool that is part of our school district's early childhood program. Her school building is right next to one of the high schools, and students in the Child Development classes are often in her preschool classroom. It's a setup that works well for us, and at Halloween it works even better. 

Daisy has known for the past week that while Caleb's school had its "Trick or Trunk" on Saturday, her school was having its "Trunk or Treat" on Monday. Really, the high school hosts the Trunk or Treat, and they sent flyers to the preschool students. Still, Daisy was convinced that it was her Trunk or Treat, so we went with it.

All week she asked me if it was time yet, and tonight was finally the night. At the last minute, the kids decided to change up their costumes, and since I had spent so little energy or money on their skeleton costumes, I didn't even care. I gave them free rein to wear anything they found in the house.

The girls chose to be butterflies. I helped Lily pick her base outfit, and Daisy was confident that her daisy shirt was appropriate for the costume because "Butterflies love daisies!" 

I mean, really. This girl is so cute!

They were totally stoked to have different costumes to wear!

Caleb stuck with his skeleton jammies and shoes, but added his Darth Vader cape, Iron Man mask, and homemade sword. He was awesome.

It was a really big event, and we had perfect weather for it!


Isn't this funny? One of the groups had a photo booth with props set up. I loved how the kids knew exactly what to do!

The drama club at the high school had an extensive setup that followed the plot of The Wizard of Oz. The kids pinned the tail on Toto, saw the Wicked Witch of the East's legs, and even met Glinda the Good Witch.

I saw the way Daisy was looking at the teenager dressed as Glinda, so I snapped a photo of the two of them together. Daisy was in awe!

Then we saw the Wicked Witch of the West, and someone handed Caleb a bucket full of "water" (blue crepe paper) to dump on her.

He actually did it, and the awesome girl "melted" to the ground. Then Daisy took a turn, and she did it again. It was hilarious!

The kids had so much fun, and we still managed to get home around 7:15.

Happy Daisy! She didn't eat any dinner, so she didn't get to eat any of her candy. She didn't seem to mind.

Except that she and Caleb were both being total stinkers, so they went to bed early. Hopefully they are normal again in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that looks so fun. Good old Parkway North. What cute sisters; I love the way Lily is smiling so big over at Daisy in the butterfly outfits.

    ReplyDelete