October 12

I love bank holidays.
This bank holiday ended up being a school holiday, too, so the whole family was home! Even better, Emily and Jace ended up coming over to play for a while this morning. Lily was especially excited. She was the first to know that Jace was coming over, and she ran excitedly to tell Caleb and Daisy, "Jace coming ov-fer!"


Chris took the kids up the street to ride bicycles while Emily and I chatted, and then Emily took the kids out to the back yard to swing and play while I worked in the kitchen and Chris cleaned.

We were busy cooking and cleaning because I invited the 8 women at my MOPS table over for dinner tonight. It definitely put a damper on our bank holiday, but it all worked out in the end thanks to Emily, and to Chris, who took care of the kids almost all day.

The dinner ended up being a wild success, thanks mostly to my fabulous husband who handled the children all evening and did bedtime all by himself, while I laughed and drank wine with my girlfriends in the other room. It was kind of spectacular.

Also spectacular? These pictures of Caleb and Eli. More and more, I am finding Caleb playing quietly with or next to his brother. It makes me so, so happy. 

Eli actually started out sitting on a blanket in the hallway just outside the kitchen. Eventually, he got to his belly and army crawled his way into the kitchen. I snapped these pictures of him right in front of our pantry, where Caleb got down on his  belly to play with his brother.

Do you see Caleb petting Eli's little hand? 
Do you remember when Daisy was a brand-new baby, and the first thing Caleb did was pet her hand and say, "Soft hand"? 
I remember it all, and it melts my heart.

Happy brothers. Caleb is five and a half years older than Eli, so I always wonder what their relationship will be like. The age gap may mean that they won't be partners in crime, but I bet Eli will always idolize Caleb, and Caleb will always adore his baby brother. I love that Eli gets to have Caleb as a big brother!

I also love that Eli thinks I am super fabulous. Hi there, handsome!

1 comment: