October 15

Do you remember yesterday, when I was all, "Oh, look at me, I gave my baby a cheese stick and put him on the ground, blah, blah, blah, lowered standards..."?

Yeah.

Today, this happened:
See, I had Eli in his little high chair while I fed him his lunch, like any normal mom would do. I fed him veggie straws, frozen broccoli florets, and noodles with red sauce. Of course, the majority of it landed in his lap, or on the floor. That's the way it goes with Baby Led Solids, and I'm okay with that. When I decided he'd had enough time with his lunch, I put him down on the ground and went to grab a wash cloth to wipe him off. I came back to find my child helping himself to the "leftovers" on the ground.

"What, Ma? You got a problem with this? Watch this."

"NOM NOM NOM NOM"

"Whatcha gonna do about it?"

"Nothing, huh? That's what I thought. We all know who's really in charge around here."

I'm telling you. It's all about progressively lowering your standards, sometimes daily.

*Don't worry, Mom. I didn't let him eat all of that. As soon as I finished photographing the nonsense, I cleaned him - and the food - up.*

No comments:

Post a Comment