October 27

I woke up this morning to the patter of rain falling, and when I looked outside, I saw one of my very favorite sights: the road in front of our house was almost completely covered with leaves, with only a narrow path cleared through the middle.

I love fall days like this!

Except that fall days like this make me want to wear sweatpants and that ratty old shirt of Chris' that I still have from when we were dating, and curl up on the couch and stuff my face full of pumpkin spice anything and warm apple cider.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Fall days like this also give me no motivation to pick up my camera. I wish I had photographed Lily in her rain boots and rain coat and little umbrella as we walked to the bus stop to pick Caleb up. Or Eli, wrapped up in the ring sling, tucked snugly inside my rain jacket. But we were running late, so I have no pictures.

Just this:
Eli (who can totally breathe, don't worry Mom!) in the Ergo.
He has slept okay the past two nights, but I just wish he would go to sleep in his own crib at night. We'll get there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment