April 6

Chris took a vacation day today so that I could have the day off "work". It was lovely. Eli and I slept in until 9:30, snuggling and nursing. We woke up to find that Chris had made pancakes, packed Caleb's lunch, and gotten him to the bus on time. I handed Eli off to Chris and went to Target, got a pedicure, came home for lunch, and headed out again for a massage and some shopping. I came home just in time to see Chris and the little ones waiting for Caleb as the school bus pulled up, and from afar, I watched little Lily run toward the bus, arms spread wide, eager to give Caleb a hug. It was so sweet!

I hurried inside and put together the kids' Easter baskets. Yesterday was so hectic that I just didn't get to them, but the kids didn't mind the delay.

I wanted a picture of the three of them with their baskets, but Lily was too curious to look up and smile. (And no, I didn't put a basket together for Eli. What would I put in it?)

I put mostly non-food necessities in the baskets, but I did give them a little bit of candy, too.

Caleb loved his bunny ears!

Does Daisy's outfit look familiar? I washed the kids' laundry last night, so when she woke up today and discovered that her Easter dress was clean, she was eager to wear the whole ensemble again today. I loved it! (See the red mark on her wrist? On Thursday morning last week, I pulled some muffins out of the oven. Daisy was so excited about them that she reached up to grab one, not even thinking that the pan might be hot. She got a wicked burn, but hopefully she learned a lesson.

I know. Cutest thing ever. How is Lily so darling? (The sunglasses were in her basket.)

Later, I snapped this picture of Daisy trying to console Eli, who was crying for some unknown reason.

Oh, wait. He must have been tired, because this was him just a few minutes later. The kid has been sleeping a lot lately, which I attribute to the cold he and I both have, and growing. 

Our doctor got back to me today about Eli's developmental assessment. His gross motor and fine motor skills are right on track, but due to his premature arrival, he is showing slight delays in communication, personal-social, and problem solving skills. She's not concerned, and thinks he will catch up pretty soon.

1 comment:

  1. A fun surprise to have the baskets a day later! So, so sweet! That pic of Daisy with Eli crying???? Adorable!

    ReplyDelete