April 22

Between my friend Jessica and her daughter Stella coming by for lunch today, and my friend Angie bringing dinner from one of our favorite restaurants, and another friend dropping off tomorrow night's dinner, I was too busy to take many pictures today.

I did snap this iPhone photo of how the girls filled most of the morning, though:

I bought a food dehydrator online, and it arrived in a ginormous box. The kids spent all morning playing in it, and just when they were growing tired of it, I mentioned that they could decorate it...
all morning, people.

It was beautiful.

Eli also napped on his own for about an hour and a half in the morning, which was lovely.

However, between spit up and leaky diapers, he went through just about every single long-sleeved onesie he owned today. It's rough being almost three months old.

After dinner, Chris took the kids for a walk. I confess to indulging in a little bit of self-pity about the fact that I can't join my family on walks right now. The weather is lovely, and I can't really do anything beyond sitting outside. I'm feeling kind of sad about that. 

But then Chris texted me this video, and my sadness disappeared:
The way Lily walks is just the funniest thing ever, and her enthusiasm for everything makes things even funnier. Our children can be so much fun!

I have a follow-up appointment with an orthopedist tomorrow, and I'm hopeful to have more specific information about my recovery. Really, I'm hopeful he will tell me that,while I have a fracture, my leg is fine and I can take the brace off and walk around like a normal person, as long as I use caution and don't push it. But that may be overly optimistic.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is great that all of your friends are helping with meals! You guys have some wonderful people in your lives. Also - the box. So funny that just that simple thing kept them occupied for so long! Eli is looking exceptionally good looking in this picture!!

    ReplyDelete