April 26

Last night, Chris and I were discussing our plans for today. We were debating whether or not it was wise for me, the one with the broken leg and instructions to "take it easy" to go to church today. Eventually, we decided that it wasn't a good idea: too much walking, standing, moving around... so I decided to stay home.
Then, at 11 pm, I remembered that this was our week to play with babies in the church nursery. Much too late to call in a replacement. So I took my broken leg to the church nursery, where I mostly sat while Chris entertained the babies. 

After lunch, Daisy wanted to watch her "Daisy's first year" video. She recently re-discovered it, and she is obsessed. Of course, the moment anything comes on a screen, Caleb is glued to it, so he joined Daisy too. That's when I snapped this picture:

Almost-six-year-old Caleb, with his arm around nearly four-year-old Daisy, looking at a picture of just-barely-two-year-old Caleb snuggling brand-new Daisy. Is that sweet, or what?
I just looked in my archives, and it turns out that the picture they're looking at was taken on July 19, 2011, which is two years exactly before Lily was born. Weird, huh?

After the girls went down for naps, Chris took Caleb swimming and Eli and I were left to our own devices. Amazingly, he napped. 
Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment